Information Management by iFACTS is a technique designed to separate business processes and their information from IT, providing full control and independence from any IT solution.
All IT solutions communicate with the information layer.
IT suppliers often deliver sub-optimized IT solutions unable to interconnect to other parts of their client’s organization. Regardless of industry, organizations seldomly have a CIO in place to coordinate rapid IT development with information and business needs. When new challenges demand a new IT system, little coordination occurs. Information is duplicated, functionality is duplicated, and IT solutions are duplicated.
No more silos
This silo approach to IT solutions is being questioned at all levels in organizations. Take, for example, the management of corporate facilities. Typical needs are: insurance, loss prevention, error reporting, damage reporting and facility coordination. A single person is often responsible for all activities, but has to work with five diﬀerent IT solutions.
Governance, Risk & Compliance
Diﬀerent types of information in the information layer - master data,
value added, analysis.
GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) is another important area. Typically, GRC requires information from all parts of the organization in order to establish early warning systems and effective risk management. When vital information is locked to diﬀerent IT solutions with limited interconnection, GRC implementation becomes very diﬃcult.
Questions you should ask
- Do we have a controlled information layer? (Or are we locked to numerous IT solutions with little coordination?)
- Do we have a CIO in place that coordinates the information layer?
- To what degree do we have duplicated information, functionality and IT solutions?
- What benefits will we gain from a fully controlled information layer?
- What are the risks of having an uncontrolled information layer?
Cornerstones for Successful Implementation
Information Management by iFACTS enables you to create a controlled information layer for your speciﬁc needs. As you can imagine, fully owned and controlled information holds limitless possibilities for your business.
Implementation is a gradual process. You set the pace most suited for a smooth transition to the new information platform.
When implementing the iFACTS Information Management solution, the following Critical Success Factors should be considered:
- Secured commitment from top management through the entire organization, with clear responsibilities.
- Management – makes decisions regarding strategy, policies, organization, positions and responsibilities.
- Operations — is responsible for business processes and information.
- CIO organization — understands the business and is responsible for the information design & coordination.
- Information layer design with a common vocabulary.
- Technical implementation of a master data solution.
- Introduction of a set of performance measures to constantly monitor progress.
Information Management by iFACTS — Get started package
The package is designed to help organizations get started with Information Management and aid the adoption of diﬀerent parts to the organization’s needs.
The package contains:
- A current state analysis
- Your ROI, suggested KPIs and project proposal
- Business process and information description
- CIO role description, work tasks, organization
- Information layer design
- Technical package – master data solution
- A roadmap for implementation